Paychex Community Foundation
At Paychex, charitable giving is engrained in our culture and is central to our corporate identity. Paychex established the Paychex Community Foundation in 2014 as the vehicle for its charitable contribution efforts. Through the Foundation, we provide monetary support to initiatives that support economic development in the communities where the company has operations, while also enhancing the quality of life for those who work and live in these communities.
What Types of Organizations Does the Foundation Support?
Contributions from the Foundation fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Health and wellness
- Improving the economic health of the community and its workforce
- Corporate citizenship
Fundraising events, sports or youth teams, and initiatives that benefit an individual or a small group of individuals are not supported.
Who Can Apply for Contributions?
To apply for a contribution from the Paychex Community Foundation, organizations must have 501(c)(3) status and be located in the greater Rochester, New York, area, the community in which we were founded and are headquartered.
The Foundation also supports the significant charitable initiatives of Paychex employees outside of the Rochester region. Requests for support for organizations outside of Rochester are submitted to the Foundation by our employees.
How Can My Organization Apply for a Contribution?
Qualified organizations in the Rochester area may apply for a contribution from the Paychex Community Foundation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- The organization’s name, address, and EIN;
- A contact name, phone number, and email address;
- A description of the organization’s purpose/mission. You may attach materials to supplement the description, which should include:
- What the organization does,
- Who it serves,
- How the target population is identified,
- How money from a potential grant would be used,
- The expected outcomes of those activities, and
- How these outcomes will be measured;
- A description of the program, if the request is for a specific program; and
- Attached proof of 501(c)(3) status, most recent audited financial statements, and current year operating budget.
Maximum email attachment size is 5 MB.