As a SCORE volunteer, following a few guidelines will help you leverage the SCORE/Paychex relationship for the benefit of your clients, SCORE, and Paychex. We encourage you to work closely with your local Paychex representatives, while keeping in mind the needs of your respective business community and the capabilities and resources of your SCORE chapter.
Remember, both organizations have the same mission, and that is to help small businesses grow. Our services are complementary and additive—they do not compete.
Ultimately, building a referral relationship with your local Paychex representatives will help you find more SCORE clients, and promote SCORE's overall mission of helping new businesses succeed.
Tips for Success
- Contact your local Paychex branch and ask for the Branch Manager.
- Set up an initial meeting to introduce yourself and your chapter's capabilities to your Paychex partner. In the meeting, discuss the following:
- How you will work together.
- What workshops Paychex can provide SCORE clients.
- Workshop calendars and special events that Paychex clients could attend (bring a list).
- How you'll help Paychex identify clients who need mentoring from SCORE.
- How you will identify SCORE clients that need payroll or human resources services.
- Offer to conduct an introductory presentation at the Paychex branch.
- Continue to reach out to your Paychex partner on a monthly basis. Let them know about any new workshops or events.