HR Seminar Event Toolkit
Welcome to your Paychex HR Series "event in a box." This three-part co-sponsored HR seminar series will again bring together SCORE and Paychex clients to learn about critical HR issues for small businesses. Here you will find the resources you need to host and co-promote your seminars:
- Seminar topics and presentations
- Your Paychex partner contact information
- Downloadable PDF invitations
- Seminar event checklist
Seminar Topics and Presentations
A Paychex local, certified HR professional will present the following topics. The SCORE client invitation will be sent by SCORE National to your Constant Contact account. See this map for local Paychex contact information.
April 5: HR 101: Key Issues and How to Solve Them
In this introductory seminar, a local Paychex Human Resource professional will present foundational knowledge for attendees on 10 key human resource issues that business owners face in today's heavily regulated business environment. The presenter will also cover some of the steps that business owners can take to solve each issue discussed. Some of the topics that will be covered in this first seminar include: creating accurate job descriptions, filing out Form I-9 correctly for new employees, proper employee classification, the application of overtime rules, and the use of handbooks. Additional topics will also be discussed.
Download Invitation Template | Download Presentation | Download Slide Handout
HR Seminar Event Checklist
- Following contact from the Paychex Marketing team, meet with your local Paychex representative to exchange the guest list and review the location, speaker bio, introductory messaging, event flow, and other logistics.
- Secure meeting space (conference room, library, etc.) and confirm location and dates. Once finalized, please share the event details with your Paychex contact.
- Promote the HR seminar series in your local community:
- SCORE and Paychex have prepared customizable event invitations for each seminar (Simply enter location, time, contact phone, etc.) for use within your chapter's Constant Contact account (click "Download client invitation" above).
- Prepare to send the event invitation to your email list starting six weeks prior to the event. Recommended invitaiton schedule: 6 weeks out, 4 weeks out, 2 weeks out, and the day prior.
- Share the event registration link with community partners.
- Share the event registration link with your Paychex representative who will send it to Paychex clients in your market.
- Share the event via social media channels.
- Share seminar details with local media.
- Registration page: Create a landing page on your website as soon as possible in order for businesses owners to register. Share the landing page address (URL) with your Paychex partner.
- Tutorial videos on how to set up your landing page
- Final registration information should be shared with your Paychex partner three days prior to meeting. This can be sent to your Paychex rep via email.
- One day before the event: Ensure you have a digital copy of the presentation, confirm who is providing the AV equipment (computers, screens etc.). Confirm the total number of handouts needed (SCORE and Paychex).
- Day of the event:
- Place welcome and directional signage (if applicable) at event entrance. Please have a volunteer available to capture on-site registrations and to input the data into Constant Contact prior to sharing with Paychex
- Print Sign-In Sheet.
- Assign a SCORE volunteer to introduce the Paychex representative and HR professional, the speakers, and seminar.
- For any questions at all regarding the 2017 SCORE/Paychex HR Series Grant Program, please write to Jessica Nightingale (email@example.com).
Note: You may download the Paychex logo to help promote the partnership.