Helping Your Employees Enroll
There are three ways your employees can enroll in your FSA plan:
To Enroll Online
Your employees have the opportunity to enroll, make contributions, and modify elections directly online.
For their convenience, they will not be required to re-enroll in the FSA plan each year. Once enrolled, they continue to participate in the plan until they choose to cease participation or modify election amounts during annual enrollment. If they do not submit a change, the annual election amount currently on file will be used for the following plan year. To enroll online, employees should:
- Access Paychex FSA Online. If you have not already registered, select Register for a New Account and follow the prompts.
- Log on by entering your username and password and selecting your security image.
- Select Paychex Benefit Account.
- Follow the prompts and instructions to access your account and enroll.
Online Enrollment Instructions
Download Download the 2016 Flexible Spending Account online enrollment instructions.
View Learn more about using your Flexible Spending Account web portal.
To Enroll By Phone
- Dial 877-244-1771.
- Listen to the options and select Flexible Spending.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- You will be prompted to create a four-digit PIN. If you already have a PIN, enter it now.
- If you have forgotten your PIN, you will have an opportunity to recreate it.
- Select Enroll or Make Qualifying Event Changes.
- Select Enroll.
- Select Dependent Care and/or Medical.
- Enter the amount you would like to contribute. You can enter the annual or per-pay-period contributions.
To Enroll By Mail
Send your employees one of these two forms:
For employers who DO contribute to their employees' FSA
For employers who DO NOT contribute to their employees' FSA
Information about FSAs and Tax Savings
Learn how FSAs set aside money from each paycheck before payroll taxes are deducted. This gives employees more take-home pay, while you pay less in FICA and FUTA payroll taxes.
Flexible Spending Account Annual Open Enrollment Q&A
View Q&AThis site contains detailed questions and answers for employers about the Paychex enrollment process.
$500 Health FSA Carryover
ViewGet answers to frequently asked questions about the $500 carryover for participants.
FSA Tax Savings Calculator for Employers
View Calculate your potential tax savings when your employees put money into their FSAs.