Students and New Graduates at Paychex
Students and new graduates are instrumental in growing our business; we love the agility, eagerness to learn, and fresh new ideas they bring to our teams.
Exciting opportunities await — start your career with Paychex, today.
Learn About Paychex Career Paths
Help solve today’s complex HR issues alongside our team of Product Development and Information Technology (PDIT) professionals.
Learn about the products and services driving HR innovation while working with our competitive team of sales professionals.
Join our team of customer service professionals to learn how Paychex helps simplify the complexities of running a business for business leaders across the country.
“My summer internship at Paychex allowed me to dive deep into our benefit and wellness programs, and helped me to connect the dots as I completed my bachelor’s degree in health and wellness. I can say from experience that Paychex strives to go above-and-beyond for its employees by providing a culture that is inclusive, diverse and embraces personal growth and development. My internship was the start to my career at Paychex and I’m happy to say that I see myself being an employee here for many years to come.”
"I've been with Paychex for about a year now, since graduating with my bachelor's degree in computer science. Though my degree provided a great foundation, learning doesn't stop upon graduation. Every day at Paychex, I'm looking into how to implement something new, or how something implemented years ago can be improved."
“Culture and people have been two of my favorite parts of working at Paychex. I enjoyed the recruiting process especially the discussion on ideas for the work my position would involve. My work involves working with colleagues in divisions across the company, and I have continuously received phenomenal support from everyone I reach out to and work with.”
Interviewing at Paychex
So, you finally secured that interview – what’s next?
- Know Your Audience — do your research to get to know more about the person or people interviewing you.
- Get to Know Paychex — Spend time learning everything you can about our company and our culture. Comb through our website, news releases and social media channels to learn more about our employees and what we do.
- Practice — Explore commonly asked interview questions in advance and write down any relevant accomplishments or follow-up questions so you won’t be thrown off your “A” game mid-interview.
- Be Yourself — Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds. It’s our diversity that makes us #paychexproud.
- Relax — Easy for us to say, right? Take a deep breath. We are excited to meet you!
Let’s Get to Know Each Other
Our interview process at Paychex is three-fold. Here’s what you can expect:
1. Meet Our Recruiter
If your resume seems to be a good fit for the position, you’ll receive a call from one of our recruiters, so we can get to know a little more about the person behind the resume.
2. Meet Your Manager
Next, the recruiter will schedule some time for you to meet with your potential manager for your first formal interview.
3. Meet Your Team
If the manager agrees you are a good fit for the role, they’ll schedule time for you to interview with another leader on the team, or to participate in a realistic job preview, before making a hiring decision.
Opportunities at Paychex
Explore internship opportunities across various Paychex departments and locations.