Paychex Transmission & File Encryption
To help secure your company's sensitive information, all file transfers must be encrypted before transmission to Paychex.
Public Key Cryptography Includes:
- A public key that encrypts data to ensure confidentiality, and a private key for decryption. A message encrypted with a recipient's public key is decrypted by the recipient possessing the corresponding private key.
- Digital signatures to ensure authenticity. A message signed with a sender's private key can be verified by the sender's public key, thereby proving that the sender signed it and that the message has not been tampered with.
Paychex SSH Certificate
Companies which utilize SSH certificates in the authentication process may find the public key for Paychex, Inc. below.
Paychex TLS Certificate
Companies that utilize TLS certificates in the authentication process may obtain the Paychex TLS Certificate below.
- Download a Zip file containing the Paychex TLS Certificate.
- Save the certificate to your desktop or designated folder.
Paychex PGP Public Key
To successfully encrypt files with the PGP public key:
- Download the 2048 bit Paychex PGP public key.* Download DSS2048 key | RSA2048 key.
- Import the Paychex public key to your keyring.
Directions for Opening Zip Files
You will need WinZip® or another Zip program installed on your computer. Free Zip programs may be found at www.download.com.
- Double click on the downloaded file to open your Zip program.
- Unzip the file to your desktop or other location of your choice.
You will then be able to double click on the Paychex.asc file to view the public key.