Payroll Tax Services
Keeping up with payroll tax rates, accurately calculating liabilities, and making timely payments can be time-consuming. Paychex helps you ease your business tax burden. Our payroll tax services include automatic tax administration — we’ll calculate, pay, and file your payroll taxes with the appropriate agencies, and we make sure that your business is getting the credits it deserves.
What You’ll Get with Paychex Payroll Tax Services
Billions of dollars in tax credits go unclaimed each year. With our payroll tax credit services, we help you identify and claim these credits by doing the legwork for you.
Payroll Tax Administration
- Payroll tax calculation
- Payroll tax payment
- Filing of your payroll taxes with your appropriate agencies
- Time savings and reduced risk of penalties for late or inaccurate payments
Tax Credit Services
- Make sure your business gets the credit you deserve
- Help with claiming tax credit incentives
- This service is free
- Only pay when we find credits
Save with Potential Tax Credits
Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC)
The Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC) is a refundable credit that businesses can claim on qualified wages paid to employees. Businesses could be eligible to claim ERTC retroactively to March 12, 2020 and could earn either $5,000 per eligible employee annually for 2020 or $7,000 per eligible employee per quarter for 2021. Our ERTC Service can help:
- We are one of the only providers offering ERTC Service
- We’ve made the process simple and efficient by using a customer’s payroll data
- It’s easy to check if you are eligible, and if you aren’t you won’t be charged a fee
- Paychex non-PEO payroll customers have received, on average, $87,000 in ERTC
Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
Hiring from groups that face barriers to employment, such as food stamp recipients, temporary assistance for needy family recipients, and unemployed veterans, can make you eligible for federal and state tax credits ranging from $1,200 to $9,600 per eligible employee. We’ll help you apply for the WOTC:
- Applicant eligibility verification and screening via paper, phone, or web/li>
- Preparation and filing of applicant pre-screening forms
- Tracking of hours worked and wages paid
- Quarterly and annual reports showing credits you’ve earned
To encourage economic development in select areas of the U.S., the government has established tax credits available to qualified business owners. Credits can total as much as $3,000 per qualified employee per year, which you can use to reduce your federal income liability. We’ll help you apply for location-based credits:
- Documenting address changes, hours worked, and wages and credits earned for qualified employees
- A comprehensive year-end report for easy preparation of tax returns
- Maintaining documentation and an audit trail for seven years
- Tracking changes to legislation and regulations to help your credits stay in compliance
Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credit
Changes to your design or development processes to make them cheaper, greener, or faster could earn you tax credits. The R&D Tax Credit can be applied both to new product development and manufacturing, and software development production. Industries likely to qualify for this tax credit:
- Manufacturing and fabrication
- Software development
- Surgical techniques
- Oilfield services
- Food sciences
Other types of tax credits
Paychex Tax Credit Services can also assist with:
- Research and Development Wage-Based Credit
- Cost segregation
- Training incentives
- State tax credits
- Grant screening and writing
- Domestic production deduction
Working with Paychex Has Its Benefits
Claim Tax Credits Without the Hassle
Applying for tax credits can be complicated and time-consuming. We make it easy by taking care of the rigorous requirements.
We’ll create a well-documented and legally compliant audit trail to help you claim your credits.
Only Pay for Credits Found
This service is completely free for Paychex clients. You only pay a fee when we find credits.
Relief in a Refund
Business Owner Finds a Service to Help Remove a Taxing Burden
Jonathan Kirkendall tried to do it all himself and handle his own taxes — and every year for more than 20 years he owed and had fallen behind. In his first full year using Paychex services, the licensed psychotherapist got a refund that helped get him back on track.
“I was looking for a (payroll provider) who could help me very specifically with quarterly taxes. … I had fallen behind. I just needed some regular help because working with an accountant once a year wasn’t enough. … (Working with Paychex) has been peace of mind. … I’m getting a refund this year and … that’s amazing.”
Do More with Paychex Tax Services
We make it easier to avoid tax penalties and help you save money by finding you find tax credits so you can focus on taking your business further.
Other Products to Consider
In addition to helping you with your business taxes, Paychex has a variety of solutions designed to simplify your business challenges.
Run your business the way you want to. Compare and choose the best payroll solution that meets the needs of your company and your employees.
State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)
Mandatory insurance such as SUI can be complicated, and penalties can cost you more than just time and effort. Our SUI service works hand-in-hand with Paychex payroll to help reduce the administration and costs commonly associated with unemployment insurance.
Paychex Promise® provides the ultimate peace of mind for your business – protection against payroll interruptions and solutions to address the routine challenges of running a successful business. With Payroll Protection, we provide you the flexibility to extend the collection of payroll funds from your bank account by up to seven days without interruption of services or insufficient fund charges to help clients better manage their cash-flow and withstand temporary cash-flow issues.1