Find your W-2 in Paychex Flex®
- Log in to Paychex Flex.
- From the Dashboard, select Tax Documents. Click the PDF icon or View All.
Note for Admins: Use the drop-down menu at the top right and select Switch to Personal Account.
- Click the name of the tax document you want to see. Pro tip: To open multiple tax documents at once, select each one or check mark Document to select all.
- Click View PDF.
Trouble Accessing Your W-2 in Paychex Flex®
I can't log in to see my W-2 online.
- Make sure you are logging in to paychexflex.com (the site redirects to myapps.paychex.com). Using a bookmark(s) of the Paychex Flex login site may lead to issues with signing in.
- Use Chrome/Firefox for the best user experience and make sure you have the Minimum System Requirements.
- Forgot your password or username? No worries! Just click the Forgot Username or Password link on the Paychex Flex login page and we’ll guide you through it.
I’m logged into Paychex Flex, but I can’t see my W-2.
- Use Chrome/Firefox for the best user experience.
- Simple troubleshooting step: Clear cookies and cache.
- Looking for your W-2/1099? Generally, they will be available online in mid-January.
I’m logged into Paychex Flex, but I can’t see my latest check stub.
- It may not be available until the date of the check.
I’m not able to register for my online account.
- Have you been paid yet? It’s easiest to register after you’ve received your first paycheck.
- Check with your employer to confirm all personal information is correct, especially name, address, date of birth, and social security number.
- Check out this walkthrough of the registration process on a computer.
I’m not receiving my verification code through text or call.
- You can retry the verification code or change the delivery method to select receiving calls instead of text. You can also select another phone number stored on the account.
I’ve tried everything suggested, but I still need help.
- We’re here for you! Click the question mark at the bottom right of your Paychex Flex login screen to chat with one of our friendly agents.
Haven't Received Your W-2?
My former employer hasn’t sent me my W-2 yet, and Paychex prepared my checks. Can you send me my W-2?
Paychex is unable to provide you with your W-2 for the following reasons:
- Our contract is with your employer and we can only take action at the direction of your employer.
- The law states that it is the employer's responsibility to provide W-2s to employees.
- It’s your employer’s responsibility to verify that all documents generated by Paychex represent the wages you actually received. Paychex has no way to verify this information.
How can I have my W-2 sent to me?
Our general suggestions are:
- Make every attempt to contact your employer.
- Try to locate your last pay stub because it could be helpful.
- If it's after mid-February, you can contact the IRS for instructions on how to proceed. Use the phone number in your Form 1040 booklet, or call 1-800-829-1040.
The IRS will offer to complete a form and send it to your employer requesting that a W-2 be sent to you. To do this, the IRS will need the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number, and social security number.
- Your employer's name, address, and phone number.
- Dates of your employment within the tax year.
- Your year-to-date estimate of wages earned.
- Your year-to-date estimate of federal income tax withheld.
If your employer does not respond to this request, the IRS will issue you a substitute Form W-2 based on the information you've provided them. You can then use this form to complete your personal tax return.