Navigating COVID-19: Understanding New HR Regulations and Best Practices
As health and government officials work together to maintain the safety, security, and health of the country during the COVID-19 health crisis, businesses are being faced with unprecedented challenges, from keeping employees and customers healthy, to upholding ever-evolving federal- and state-mandated guidelines that are impacting business operations.
If you’re looking for guidance around new leave laws, as well as HR best practices regarding disruptions caused by COVID-19, we invite you to listen to our recent webinar hosted by HR.com. In this informative webinar, Jodi Hansen, HR Coach at Paychex, and Sheri Giger, Attorney and Principal at Jackson Lewis, share best practices for navigating "the new normal," provide insights about new legislation, and address some of the most common questions from business leaders today. Topics include:
- New legislation and its business implications (FFCRA, CARES Act);
- What to do if your employee is diagnosed with or displaying symptoms of, COVID-19;
- What to do if an employee requires extended leave;
- What to do in the event of a temporary closure;
- Managing remote employees, and more.