Managing payroll is complex on a good day. When you add in the burden of keeping up with ever-changing regulations, payroll can be one of the most complicated functions of your business.
This webinar will help you understand the impact of regulatory and legislative changes on your payroll, your employees, and your business. During this informative session, subject matter experts from the Paychex Compliance Risk team will present timely and relevant updates covering several critical areas that may need your attention.
Discussion topics Include:
- The lingering effects of The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Tax Reform) on payroll
- The new 2020 Form W-4 at the federal and state level
- Tax fraud considerations including the recent IRS regulation allowing truncation of SSNs on W2s provided to employees starting in 2021
- Upcoming W-2 electronic filing threshold changes impacting employers with a small to mid-size workforce
- State and local minimum wage increases
- The proposed federal minimum wage increase
- Proposed federal regulations and their possible impacts on overtime calculations and exempt classification
- State and local paid sick leave trends
- State paid family leave trends