7 Ways to Land Better Leads
Marketing efforts are only as effective as the results they produce. In addition to creating well-planned marketing campaigns, you should also qualify the leads they generate. Generating a lot of leads is great, but it's the qualified leads that often convert into customers. Qualified leads often have a pre-existing, legitimate interest in your business and its products or services.
To generate strong leads from your marketing tactics, you might have to think outside the paid advertising box, as the direction of today's successful marketing efforts is moving away from print advertising and towards social media and Internet marketing techniques.
Consider these seven ways to yield more — and better — leads:
- Publish a company newsletter. In it, include helpful, high-value content that will keep your readers interested and excited about what you have to say. Offer special deals, a calendar of events, or other relevant content.
- Create a business website. Searching online for a business and not finding a website can be a big turnoff for customers, so make sure you're easy to find. It's important to create a professional-looking website that is search engine-friendly.
- Run an email marketing campaign. Keeping in constant contact with your audience helps customers remember you the next time they need something you offer. Increase the value of your emails by occasionally including coupons or deals only available to email recipients.
- Network. Get out in your community by sponsoring an event, or join a small business networking group. Word of mouth is essential.
- Place a "subscribe" form on your website. Automate the subscription process so your mailing list can grow effortlessly.
- Get involved in social media marketing. Social media is arguably the best way to engage in an ongoing conversation with your customers, where you can learn from them and they can learn from you. But remember, social media a two-way communication channel; if someone asks you a question or airs a complaint, don't ignore it. By responding quickly (and professionally), you'll show that you care about your customers' happiness.
- Offer a referral bonus and reward your best customers. Sometimes your best customers can also be your best marketing tool. Keep them happy and they will gladly recommend you to their friends and family.
Remember that generating high-quality leads doesn't happen overnight. Not all of your marketing efforts will be successful, and those that are successful may not work the same way every time. But the extra effort you put in to create qualified leads should pay off with higher conversions and sales.