Paychex’ Approach to Business Continuity Planning
Helping your business stay on course when the worst strikes
At Paychex, we believe in safeguarding our customers and employees from negative events, foreseen or unforeseen, which is why we have developed the Paychex Business Continuity Plan (BCP). Business continuity is the smooth continuation of business activity despite a local interruption of service. Paychex promises its customers that after attending to our employees, we’ll meet our obligation to our clients with established BCP procedures and we’ll support your employees throughout the event with online access to critical payroll and HR-related information.
What are BCP events?
Natural and man-made interruptions fall into three categories:
- Natural disasters, including earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, ice storms, blizzards, and epidemics.
- Technology accidents, including power outages, downed phone lines, natural gas explosions, and traffic accidents.
- Malicious activities, including threats of terrorism or violence, in or around your business.
Don’t let severe weather or other emergencies leave you or your employees out in the cold
Paychex applies technical solutions and in-depth recovery plans to ensure you have seamless service and access to your account, regardless of what’s happening outside.
Data Center Availability
We back up account information in data centers spread out across the U.S. If certain regions are hit by disaster, your data is still accessible from unaffected locations. Plus, Paychex data centers are built to withstand fault, meaning in the event of a power failure, our facilities automatically leverage alternate power supplies and resources, including external generators, multiple power and cooling distribution paths, and network connectivity.
Our experienced emergency response team is ready to act when disaster strikes. They’ll coordinate efforts between affected locations and supporting service locations, in some cases several days before an event is predicted to occur. We’ll keep you up to date on how you can access Paychex resources, and apply cross-functional strategies and technology to get affected locations back up and running as quickly as possible.
With 100+ U.S. locations, you can count on Paychex to be there for you and your employees, regardless of local conditions. Additionally, we back up client information in geographically diverse data centers that are built to withstand power failures, enabling us to deliver maximum uptime.
Focus on your employees’ safety
In the case of an emergency, we want you focused on ensuring the safety of your staff. You and your employees can take advantage of comprehensive online accessibility from Paychex, along with direct deposit, and live support whenever needed to ensure a seamless payroll and HR service experience.
- Comprehensive online accessibility for employers. Even in the event of severe weather, Paychex clients have full access to our suite of mobile and desktop applications. From accessing employee contact information to running a full range of payroll and HR reports, online access makes retrieving important information during a weather event simple and straight-forward.
- Employee self-service. When a weather-related event prevents your employees from being onsite, powerful employee self-service tools from Paychex provide full access to a suite of HR services, including viewing and downloading payroll information (check stubs, Forms W-2, W-4, and 1099-MISC, etc.) and managing paid time off.
- Electronic access to payroll funds via direct deposit. If you have concerns with weather conditions impacting payroll package delivery, direct deposit helps ensure access to pay, without the difficulty of delivering and cashing live checks in a severe weather event.
- Live support, 24/7. Should you need to contact Paychex, you’ll always be put in touch with a representative, even if your local service location is affected by the emergency. Any calls to your payroll representative will automatically route to another Paychex location where a representative will be happy to service your account, providing you uninterrupted service.
Experts in preparedness for more than four decades
Paychex has been in the payroll and HR services business for more than 45 years, and we’ve used this experience to build assurances into our offerings that go above and beyond.
Paychex is insured and carries no long-term debt. We also comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and have internal policies reported through the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagement 16 (SSAE 16). Paychex has been named by the Ethisphere® Institute as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® 10 years running.
Along with Paychex’ comprehensive BCP procedures, you can help ensure that your business is prepared. Visit Paychex WORX for helpful resources on how your business can plan for and respond to severe weather-related events.