Start-Up Guide: Hiring Your First Employee
Get this free guide
Hiring your first employee is an exciting milestone for any start-up. It means your business is growing, and that you’re ready to take it to the next level.
This guide from Paychex can help your process go smoothly by describing the key tasks necessary to hire and pay employees.
Here’s What You’ll Learn About
- Creating job postings
- New-hire paperwork and reporting
- Employment-at-will relationship
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Employee classifications
- Regular and overtime rates
- Paying employees
- Deposits, returns, and taxes