The Midterm Elections: How Will They Impact Small Business?
Now that the midterm election results are in, the new Congress will likely have a big impact on small business. And with a divided House and Senate, things could get complicated. Will the next few years bring small business owners more opportunity, more risk, or a combination of both?
Join Gene Marks, writer for The Washington Post, Mike Trabold, compliance director at Paychex, and Thad Inge, government relations manager at Paychex, for a conversation about how the midterm elections may affect issues such as:
- Tax reform. So far, so good, but will a growing deficit burst the balloon?
- Wages. Many states are increasing the minimum wage. Will it be a federal mandate?
- Healthcare. One of your biggest costs — and the biggest Congressional battles.
- Trade. Tariffs are good for some industries, but not for others. And what about China?
- Compliance. More deregulation, or less?