Payroll General Ledger Service
Many businesses key the payroll information from their general ledger into accounting software each pay period in order to merge it with other financial information. But posting payroll information to your accounting software by hand can be both tedious and prone to costly errors.
Save Time and Money with General Ledger Integration
Using a secure online process, Paychex General Ledger Service creates a custom file to easily post payroll information to your accounting software. Paychex also provides reports to help you and your accountant track payroll-related general ledger transactions and account-number assignments.
Compatible accounting programs include:
- Paychex Accounting OnlineSM
- QuickBooks Pro® and QuickBooks OnlineTM
- Sage 50® and Sage 300®
- Creative Solutions
- Other accounting software via a universal export file
With one click, your accounting software reflects current payroll information.
Electronic imports reduce the likelihood of costly errors.
Match earnings, deductions, and taxes to the proper account.
Access your reports even while you are away from your business.
Protected by Paychex’ secure single-sign-on feature.
An intuitive user interface makes reporting simple and seamless.
Labor Distribution and Job Costing
Tracking and measuring productivity and profitability are often an important part of general ledger reporting. Our service helps achieve those goals by:
- Displaying how and where money is spent.
- Helping determine what segments of your business are profitable.
- Enabling proportionate distribution of taxes by organizational unit or specific job.
- Breaking out earnings by organizational unit, location, position, and job, as needed.
View Minimum Requirements