Paychex Introduces Cyber Liability Protection
Coverage helps businesses prepare for unexpected costs resulting from data breaches, hackers, ransomware, and online banking fraud
To help safeguard businesses against the unforeseen costs associated with cyberattacks, Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, benefits, and insurance administration services, is now making cyber liability protection available to its clients through Paychex Insurance Agency and AXIS Insurance Company, a leading cybersecurity insurance carrier.* The policy helps business owners mitigate the potential financial impact of data breaches, hackers, ransomware, and online banking fraud by assisting with costs involved in the response and recovery after an attack, up to specified policy limits.
With access to 24/7 crisis management and a top cybersecurity law firm, subscribers get coverage for:
- Privacy regulation liability – to help offset potential fines or penalties from state and federal agencies if it’s determined that a business failed to adequately protect personally identifiable information (PII)
- Forensic investigation – to identify the source of a cyberattack and where existing security systems may have failed
- Litigation – to help pay for legal defense, even if allegations are groundless, false, or fraudulent
- Ransomware and social engineering attacks – to recover from instances of cyber extortion or fraudulent transfer instructions
- Business interruption – to provide reimbursement of reasonably expected lost net profits and data recovery costs (Included only with the $1,000,000 policy option.)
“Cyberattacks present a growing threat to businesses of all sizes, not just large corporations,” said John Gibson, senior vice president of service at Paychex. “Cybersecurity insurance can offer peace of mind and be particularly critical for businesses with fewer than 1,000 employees, 60% of which fail within six months of a cyberattack due to a lack of resources to offset the breach.”
Businesses can take advantage of flexible coverage limits to secure the right policy for their unique circumstances. To learn more about protecting your business with cyber liability insurance through Paychex, visit paychex.com/business-insurance/cyber-liability-insurance.
Insurance is available through Paychex Insurance Agency, Inc., 150 Sawgrass Dr., Rochester, NY 14620. CA License #0C28207
*The AXIS policy is administered through risk purchasing group North American Data Security RPG
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ:PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, benefits, human resources, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 45 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 670,000 payroll clients as of May 31, 2019 across more than 100 locations in the U.S. and Europe, and pays one out of every 12 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting paychex.com and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.