Health Insurance Options for Businesses
One of the most attractive options an employer has to gain and retain quality employees is a good group health insurance plan. This free white paper explores the reasons why health benefits are a win-win for employers and employees, and what options are available. Learn how offering a group health plan can help the employer by maintaining a healthier work force, assisting in recruiting top tier employee prospects and providing tax savings to the company.
Learn about the various options for basic types of health care plans, including:
- HMOs: Health Maintenance Organizations provide a list of available providers for employees, and generally require pre-approval for providers outside the network or for specialists.
- POSs: Point of Service plans are much like HMOs, but generally do not require pre-approval of outside providers, although costs for them may be higher.
- PPOs: Preferred Provider Organizations allow for services by out of network providers, but often offer incentives such as lower co-payments for remaining in the network.
- EPOs: Exclusive Provider Organizations offer lower rates but usually require use of network providers. Employees going outside the network generally bear the entire expense of their treatment.
- HDHPs: High Deductible Health Plans are linked to health savings accounts or health reimbursement arrangements, using pre-tax money from employers, employees or both to fund accounts from which medical expenses are paid. Insurance steps in only if the higher deductibles are met within the year.