Payroll 101-Guide for Employers
Business owners don't always have expertise in payroll and payroll taxes, but payroll is nonetheless an integral function in any organization with paid employees. This white paper outlines basic information that business owners should understand about payroll taxes, as well as recommendations for avoiding common payroll tax penalties.
Our six-page Payroll 101 white paper covers several topics that may be important to you as a business owner. Some of the main areas you’ll learn about include:
- Tax penalties — You may be surprised at how many payroll tax penalties are issued each year and how much those penalties can end up costing businesses.
- What are payroll taxes? — We provide a general definition as well as some specific examples of payroll taxes of which you should be aware.
- Five common payroll tax errors and penalties — Read how tax tables, due dates, payment method, due diligence, and employee misclassification can all cause issues for your business.
- How to partner with experts — Review a list of requirements that reputable firms should meet when helping manage payroll for your business.
You’ll also get a useful payroll tax chart that includes information including:
- What each payroll tax entails
- Who needs to pay the taxes
- Which IRS forms need to be completed for each tax