Enrolling with Paychex: What Paychex Will Do for You
Paychex payroll services makes enrolling easy. We help make set-up seamless, from working with you to collect the necessary paperwork, to balancing your year-to-date payroll data.
Here’s what you can expect when you implement Paychex payroll services.
- Your sales representative will help you collect the necessary information
We need certain information to set up your account. To make the switching process as simple as possible, your sales representative will help you gather information such as:
- Your business’s federal, state, and local tax withholding and unemployment employer identification numbers
- Power of attorney paperwork, giving Paychex the ability to file taxes on your behalf
- Your business’s bank account and routing numbers
- Your employees’ social security numbers and, if you’ll be using direct deposit, their bank account information
- Year-to-date and quarter-to-date payroll summaries
If you’re switching from another payroll company, we’re often able to help you pull your data directly from your previous provider’s system, making this step even easier.
- An implementation specialist will set up your account
Once we have all the necessary paperwork and information, the ball's in our court! A dedicated implementation specialist will do all the work of setting up your account, which can usually be completed in as little as 48 hours. Your implementation specialist will audit back to the beginning of the year, balance your year-to-date payroll data, and process your first few payrolls with you.
- You’ll be assigned a dedicated payroll specialist
When your account is set up, your main point of contact will transition from your implementation specialist to your dedicated payroll specialist, if you’ve chosen to work with one. This highly trained individual will be your single point of contact for your payroll and tax needs. They’ll get to know your business and its unique payroll needs, and be accountable to make sure you’re taken care of. Many of our clients build long-term relationships with their payroll specialists, and consider them an extension of their businesses.
- We’ll send you training for online payroll
Paychex clients can either submit payroll online, call in, or email hours and wages to Paychex each pay period. Even if you don’t think you’ll be entering payroll online, you and your employees still get access to Paychex Flex®, our online payroll and HR solution. We’ll send you useful tutorials and demos that can help you process your payroll online, including how to:
- Start and enter payroll
- Add employees
- Manage your employees’ access
- Print onsite checks (if you choose)
- Access reporting and analytics
We know that signing up with a new payroll provider can seem daunting — especially when you have so many other responsibilities on your plate. That’s why we’ve taken pains to take the pain out of setting up with a payroll service. With our fast and easy onboarding process, you’ll understand why Paychex has been America’s trusted payroll partner for over 45 years.