Small business payroll services, 1–49 employees
Spend less time on payroll, more time on your business
Whether you're looking to outsource payroll for the first time, or are thinking about switching from another payroll provider, Paychex helps make payroll for small businesses effortless — just as it should be. And with our integrated HR functionality, managing your employees will be just as simple. With our intuitive payroll software in your hands and experts by your side, you’ll be free to make your business all it can be.
Easy small business payroll processing
Enter payroll online or on your mobile device. Or, we’ll do it for you; just call in your hours and we’ll take it from there.
Automatic payroll taxes
We’ll calculate, pay, and file your federal, state, and most local payroll taxes.
With the ability to initiate a wide range of self-service actions, your employees can complete their new-hire onboarding, access and change their personal information, fill out tax forms, view payroll data, and much more. No more having to ask you!
What you can get with Paychex small business payroll services
- Online small business payroll processing
- Direct deposit, paper checks, and paycards
- Ability to pay different types of workers — salaried, hourly, contract
- Automatic payroll tax admin
- Choose from three different payroll views
- Online employee self-service
- New-hire reporting to government agencies
- Free mobile app for you and your employees
- HR analytics and events calendar
- Labor compliance poster kit
- Garnishment payments
- 160+ reports and custom analytics
- 24/7 customer service & technical support
See how easy payroll and HR for small businesses can be
Enter payroll quickly and easily
Enter your payroll information, confirm your data, and submit. You can also set up recurring amounts for even faster processing.
View critical data at a glance
Key info, such as upcoming check dates and cash required for your next payroll, is available right from the main dashboard.
Enjoy instant access to HR analytics and common reports such as your small business payroll journal, cash requirements, and tax deposit notices.