What Benefits Can a Small Business Offer To Attract and Retain Talented Employees?
Hiring employees used to be as simple as hanging a "Help Wanted" sign and offering a steady paycheck, but recruiting, evaluating, and onboarding new employees has become much more complicated. New trends that employers can use to help find and attract the best talent include:
- A branded recruiting website
- Automated job boards that make it easier to screen candidates
- An online applicant-tracking system that makes the process more efficient and improves productivity
- Leveraging performance reviews and total compensation summaries to build value for your business
- Looking for quality, not quantity. If you have too many applicants, raise your standards.
Other trends for recruiting and retaining high performing employees include offering tangible and intangible rewards, for example, the tangible reward of being offered health insurance, and the intangible reward of offering words of praise when they're earned.
Offering rewards like these and many others discussed in the video below can help make a difference in finding and keeping the best possible candidates for your job openings.
For more information on effective ways to recruit and retain employees, download our free e-book for employers at paychex.com/7questions.