We support and respect our employees by focusing on all the dimensions of well-being, inclusion, and diversity.
At Paychex, we provide an environment that supports our employees as they pursue their highest performance while improving themselves personally and professionally. Abundant benefits, training, and wellness programs give employees tools to help them improve their physical, emotional, financial, and career well-being.
At Paychex we all come together. We instill a culture of respect for self and others, with inclusiveness that leads to a diverse workforce of employees who are empowered to be themselves. CEO Marty Mucci talks about the importance of inclusion and diversity at Paychex in the video below.
Inclusion & Diversity
“Paychex is dedicated to a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). This lies within our strong sense of belonging and opportunity for all, unique employee benefits, and inclusive work environments.”
Those words, which comprise the first sentence of our Inclusion and Diversity Policy, reflect our commitment to valuing, respecting, and celebrating each and every employee through programs, initiatives, conversations, and more.
Our commitment to a strong culture of inclusion, a sense of belonging, and opportunity for all is reflected in the words of our people, like the ones below and a risk management employee who says, “My family was primarily Islamic. For quite some time, I’ve hidden my identity – but when I came to work at Paychex, it wasn’t something I had to fear.”
Through a wide variety of employee programs that include training and education, health and fitness, financial planning, community service, safety and ergonomics, and more, employees have access to resources that support their total well-being. Programs like:
- Award-winning wellness program that includes wellness challenges, tobacco cessation service, preventive healthcare, blood pressure kiosks, treadmill workstations, flu shots, on-site health screenings, health coaching, healthy eating, and more.
- College tuition reimbursement for full- and part-time employees, and higher education scholarships for children of employees.
- Up to six weeks of paid family leave for employees to care for a new baby or sick family member.
- The Paychex CARE program, which helps employees support their colleagues in need through a PTO bank and donations in addition to money raised by employees.
- A dedicated Safety & Ergonomics program to provide employees with the training, tools, and tips to make their work areas comfortable and safe.
Well-Being in Action: Paychex Bike Share Program
At Paychex’s six-building Rochester campus and another building across town that sits near the Erie Canal bike trail, employees can de-stress with a bike ride. Through a free mobile app, employees can check out one of our fleet of custom-built Paychex bicycles, then it's as easy as unlocking the bike, taking it for a spin, and bringing it back, where it'll be ready and waiting for the next rider. Talk about a great way to get in some physical activity during the workday!
By the Numbers – Fiscal 2020
- More than one million training hours delivered to employees
- $1.9 million in tuition reimbursement to full- and part-time employees
- 2.7 million miles logged by employees participating in company Fitbit challenges
- 73.6% of employees – a record high – participated in Paychex’s 401(k) program, with an average employee contribution of 8.3%
- 5.2% of our global workforce are contingent workers
We’re #PaychexProud to be recognized as a great place to work in 2019 with honors like Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity and those shown here, many of which have been received consecutively over many years.
Inclusion in Action: Supporting Veterans
Paychex employees have a long history of supporting co-workers with loved ones on active duty, embracing veterans as part of their teams, sending care packages to troops serving around the world, and making the workplace military-friendly for Reservists and veterans alike. It starts with the great example set by supervisors and managers across the organization, who have earned numerous Patriot awards over the years, nominated by employees serving in the National Guard or Reserve (or their spouse) for the support they provide citizen warriors through things like flexible schedules, caring for families left behind, and time off before and after deployment.
The Paychex Veterans Focus Group is a group of employees with military backgrounds who come together for support, conversation, and activities. At the 2019 Rochester, New York JP Morgan Corporate Challenge event, members of this group were again among 400+ Paychex employees who participated in the 3.5 mile walk/run. Wearing a special military edition of the Paychex race shirt and carrying 22-pound backpacks in a nod of solidarity for the number of veterans who commit suicide every day in America, these employees proudly represented Paychex in the annual community event.