We’re committed to promoting employee well-being by offering resources to help employees improve their physical, behavioral, and financial health.
At Paychex, we provide an environment that supports our employees to as they pursue their highest performance while improving themselves personally and professionally. Through a wide variety of employee programs that include training and education, health and fitness, financial planning, community philanthropy and more, employees have access to the resources they need to ensure not just wellness, but their total well-being.
We instill a culture of self-respect, respect for others, and inclusiveness that leads to a diverse workforce of employees who are empowered to be themselves. We encourage employees to get involved in community service by providing paid time off. And our Paychex Charitable Foundation will make grants on top of employee efforts for a nonprofit organization.
- The Paychex CARE program helps employees support their colleagues through a PTO bank, and the company makes donations in addition to money raised by employees.
- Our award-winning wellness program includes components such as wellness challenges, tobacco cessation services, blood pressure kiosks, treadmill workstations, flu shots, on-site screenings, health coaching, healthy eating, and, more.
- We provide employees with resources to enhance their financial well-being and retirement planning.
Recognized with a number of workplace awards, most of them multiple times, including the Fortune magazine Best Places to Work award, a Most Ethical Companies award, and a Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles award, as well as individual awards for our training and wellness programs, we continue to enhance our benefits every year to make Paychex a fulfilling place to work.
Employees in Action
Across the country, Paychex employees benefit from our “Wellness in Action” program, which includes several initiatives. From healthy food options at our company cafes to an employee cookbook full of delicious and healthy recipes, employees are encouraged to make better food choices. Employees participate in a number of local fitness events such as road races and golf tournaments to raise money and stay fit.
By the Numbers
- More than one million employee training hours each year (Top 25 in Training Magazine past 16 years).
- Approximately 5,000 employees participate in each of the four annual 8-week “Shape up Paychex” challenges.
- Up to six weeks paid leave provided to employees to care for new baby or sick family member (begins January 2018).
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $6,500 per calendar year per employee.