We’re committed to being good stewards of the earth in everything we do.
A key tenet of our corporate responsibility program is contributing to environmental sustainability, both by our actions as a company and by our support of employees’ efforts and interests in this area.
Consideration for the environment is a factor in our business and operational practices on multiple levels.
Recycling and Waste Reduction
- Each of our offices feature prominent recycling bins with instructions so that waste is properly recycled.
- Our recycling program extends to all IT-related equipment, including laptops, desktop computers, and servers.
- We strive to put offices along the outer sides of our buildings to maximize natural sunlight.
We support our many employees who are actively involved in environmental causes and programs in their communities, such as using their paid time off for community service to participate in clean-up and beautification projects.
Vendor Sustainability Practices
A key criterion in our selection process for facility design vendors is to work with companies with strong environmental sustainability performance as verified by third-party environmental designations.
Environmental Sustainability in Action
Our environmental efforts were recognized in 2017 by Paychex’s inclusion in FTSE4Good Index. The FTSE4Good Index Series is designed to identify companies that demonstrate strong environmental, social, and governance practices measured against globally recognized standards.
By the Numbers
Over the past 4 years we:
- Decreased our workgroup printer fleet by 639 devices.
- Reduced our printed pages by 51% or 47.9 million pages.