Creating a Custom Employee Handbook?
An effective employee handbook is a tool that helps educate employees about expectations of management and potentially serves as documentation in case of an employment dispute. Paychex has an Employee Handbook Builder that offers:
- Easy instruction with intuitive navigation
- A selection of federal and state policies with ongoing updates
- Updates reflect legislation and are reviewed by a leading national labor and employment law firm
- Easy customization to reflect your company’s unique needs
Get help with your employee handbook
- Easy-to-use online handbook builder
- Potentially reduce legal actions by clearly communicating employee rights
- Policies to address employment laws at the federal level and in all 50 states
- Ongoing updates to federal and state policies
- Consolidating important company information can help with onboarding
- Customizable based on your unique needs
- Engage employees by providing context on company values
- Options to create Microsoft® Word or PDF file for distribution
What You Can Gain
Your handbook should reflect the specific needs of your business. Paychex will help you to ensure that your company policies are reflected accurately.
Build your own handbook
Paychex provides an online handbook builder tool that identifies policies for inclusion based on where your employees work and your employee count. Customize your handbook with additional optional policies applicable to your business.
Customize the handbook to your needs
Tailor the handbook to the specific needs of your business, including company policies, philosophy, and the culture that make your company unique with an employee handbook that is customizable.
Getting your employee handbook into the right hands
Creating a handbook is only half the task. Making sure it gets to those who need to know the policies is the other half. The employee handbook is saved online, so it can be downloaded and then distributed via email or posted in your company intranet as a Word or .pdf file. Plus, you save on printing costs.
No matter where your employees are, we have you covered
The employee handbook builder provides federal policies as well as policies for all 50 states, so you’ll be able to adjust accordingly to serve the specific needs of every state. Plus, Paychex provides timely updates to address changing employment laws and regulations.
Updating policies creates clear expectations
With the COVID-19 pandemic creating remote work scenarios, businesses found it beneficial and easy to update their With the COVID-19 pandemic creating remote work scenarios, businesses found it beneficial and easy to update their employee handbooks with policies to address the “new normal” environment.
We try to evolve our handbooks and our Paychex HR Professional gives us insight and clarity into the language we need to use.
Other Services for Your Business
Paychex offers administrative help on continuation of health insurance, safety programs, and much more so your business and its employees are fully covered.
You might be required to offer an option of continuation of health insurance coverage following an employee’s termination or other qualifying events.
Protect your employees and address compliance issues by establishing a workplace safety program through Paychex that can help comply with OSHA regulations.
State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)
You can save time and money using Paychex services for your SUI needs, plus our compliance analysts monitor the latest SUI regulations.